Azerbaijan Student Youth Organizations’ Union’s statement on provocation by the Armenian forces on 27th of September
At around 06:00 hours, on 27 September 2020, the armed forces of Armenia blatantly violated the ceasefire regime and using large-caliber weapons, mortar launchers and artillery launched an intensive attack on the positions of the armed forces of Azerbaijan along the frontline, as well as the villages of Gapanli of Tartar district, Chiragli and Orta Garavand of Aghdam district, Alkhanli and Shukurbayli of Fuzuli district and Jojug Marjanli of Jabrayil district. There are reports of dead and wounded among civilians and military servicemen. We are wishing the earliest recovery for wounded. May our martyrs rest in peace!
In order to prevent another military aggression by Armenia and provide the security of densely populated civilian residential areas the Armed Forces of the Republic of Azerbaijan undertake counter-offensive measures within the right of self-defense and in full compliance with the international humanitarian law.
As a result of the successful counter-offensive of the Azerbaijani troops, a number of occupied villages were liberated. The Azerbaijani army liberated Garakhanbayli, Garvand, Kend Horadiz, Yukhari Abdurrahmanli villages of Fuzuli district, Boyuk Marjanli and Nuzgar villages of Jabrayil district. Moreover, the enemy’s positions in the direction of Aghdara and Murovdagh were destroyed, and strategic heights were taken under the control.
As the Union combining all Student Youth Organizations and hundreds of thousands members of the youth, we are stating the following:
- Armenia continuing its aggressive policy makes provocation by attempting to gain new territories, instead of leaving internationally recognized territories of Azerbaijan. We consider these provocations as a threat to Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and strongly condemn them,
- Armenia's deliberate targeting of residential areas and the civilians is a gross violation of the international humanitarian law, including the Geneva Convention of 1949.
- We are proud of our army, which bravely defends our sacred lands on the front, and fights for the freeing of our occupied lands, and express our solidarity with them.
- We are inviting our members of the youth to inform the international community about the ongoing occupation by using following hashtags #StopArmenianAggression #KarabakhisAzerbaijan
- At these sensitive times, we call on our people to rely only on official sources and not to share any military information via social media.
Our youth is ready to once again demonstrate its solidarity with the State and Commander-in-Chief.
May God protect our army!